This Joint Meeting is hosted by HCMM in partnership with NI and is titled 'Leadership & Soft Skills – Time to Update STCW? '.
Panel of Speakers, including serving seafarers and leadership training providers, moderated by Steve Cameron, member of Maritime Professional Council
Zoom details will be sent to all registered attendees on Monday 5th Dccember at 1700 to allow virtual attendance to those not able to attend in person.
• Steve Cameron (Moderator) - Maritime Professional Council (MPC) & Vice Chair NILB
• Professor Carole Davis - Emeritus Professor of Learning & Teaching, Warsash Maritime School,
Solent University & Senior Consultant Carole L Davis Associates
• Susan Bell – Training and Careers Manager MNTB – Chamber of Shipping
• Capt. Himanshu Chopra, Managing Director Anglo-Eastern (UK) Ltd.
• Philip Cave, Master Unlimited, Chairperson - Young Officers Committee Hon. Company of Master
After a summary of the recent MPC survey on leadership and STCW by Steve Cameron, there will be a
discussion with the panel, and audience debate as below;
• STCW - Is current leadership training sufficient?
• Is there a place for kind leadership at sea?
• What should future leadership skills training include?
Anyone who will be attending this event in person will receive a complimentary drink on the Nautical Institute.