Any corporation, partnership or organisation, the business of which is ownership or management of sea-going vessels or has manufacturing, scientific or management abilities or knowledge in marine equipment, construction or maintenance of ships, the handling of marine insurance and safety or the practice of marine law, ship broking or other marine associated services, may apply for Corporate Membership.Applications for Corporate Membership may be made by any company or organisation meeting these criteria.Applications are then put before the Court of Assistants for election.
The Members of the Livery enjoy superb facilities in HQS “Wellington”.These are also available to Corporate members who are encouraged to play a full part in the Company’s social, business and networking activities and to make use of the ship to support their own corporate requirements.
In addition to supporting the Honourable Company in its activities, the Corporate Member receives a number of specific benefits:
- The Company’s journals, newsletters and diary.
- Entitlement for representatives and their personal guests to attend all social and professional functions at Members’ rates.
- Use of the Members’ Bar in HQS “Wellington” (The Wardroom) which is open from 12.30 to 14.30 every weekday except days when formal Company lunchtime functions are held.
- Hire of the ship’s facilities at preferential (Livery) rates.
- In general the Managing Director/Chief Executive/Senior Partner is regarded as the principal point of contact and he or his nominated representative may attend (free of charge) any two of the Honourable Company’s social functions each year.
- The right to wear the Company tie.
- For Corporate Members whose principal business is the ownership or management of seagoing vessels, the right to nominate individuals for apprenticeship to Master Mariners, in accordance with the Company’s Bye-laws.
Corporate Members are invited to provide a short paragraph about their company and, if they wish, a related photograph (usually of a ship) for inclusion in the Honourable Company’s website.From time to time Corporate Members will be “featured” in the Company Journal.When this occurs we will ask for suitable copy.
For further details contact:
The Clerk, The Honourable Company of Master Mariners,